Please select the department from list in below and find your department with corresponding doctors of that department.
Details of Cardiac Surgery
The Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery undertakes virtually every type of heart surgery including heart bypass surgery. Since commissioning in mid 2004, the Cardiothoracic Surgery Department has performed more than 5,000 cardiac surgeries with a mortality rate of less than 1% that is astonishingly enviable. The depth and breadth of experience in dealing a wide variety of cases allow our surgeons to handle complex operations with success rates at par with the renowned cardiac hospitals of the western world. The extraordinary expertise of doing beating heart surgery that offers the patients faster post-operative recovery and extract less of a toll on their systems have made Labaid Cardiac Hospital a cherished destination for the cardiac patients. The Department is supported by a well-equipped third generation Cardiac Catheterization Lab, Critical Care Units and Intensive Care Units.
Labaid Cardiac Hospital performs heart surgery by using new technological procedures like "off pump" surgery. This procedure is being done to the beating heart and without the heart-lung machine. Off pump surgery avoids complications that may take place when the heart-lung machine is utilized. This technique also reduces the recuperation time and the hospital stay.
Any type of cardiac surgery especially
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG)
- Valve Replacement Surgery
- VSD (Ventricular Septal Defect) Closure
- ASD (Atrial Septal Defect) Closure
- PDA (Patent Ductus Arteriosus) Ligation
Facilities and services
The hospital offers the following facilities and services
- Operation Theatres for cardiac surgery: Two dedicated operation theatres equipped with most modern instruments and machineries remain standby 24 hours a day to handle any routine or emergency operational procedures.
- 4 ICU supported ambulances
- Emergency facilities: 8-beded Emergency unit is equipped with cardiac monitoring systems and manned by Consultants, Registrar, trained Medical Officers and Nurses to provide emergency care to the critically ill patients before handing over to the cardiologists and cardiac surgeons. A fine emergency management of a cardiac patient gives the cardiologists and cardiac surgeons a breathing time to get down to the patient-management and also it ups the patient survival chances.
- 30 bed CCU: The CCU provides both invasive and non-invasive 24 hours radio-telemetry monitoring facilities for patients admitted with unstable angina, myocardial infarction, cardiogenic shock etc. It has facilities for emergency ventilator care, bed side pacing, intra-aortic balloon pump and other life saving devices.
- 14 bed ICU: The facilities are equipped with latest radio-monitoring system with facilities for on-the-spot blood gas analysis and other technical and / or artificial life support system to record and measure medical parameters of critically ill patients. A team of experienced cardiac surgeons, anesthetists and well-trained nurses takes the post operative surgical care of the patients round the clock. This ward is a beehive of activities and is a model for patient care with all required facilities.
- 22-beded Step-down CCU: This is an intermediate care facility for patients who do not need extensive care of CCU but not fit enough to move to the cabin either. All the critical care support mechanism and appliances are available here for monitoring patients' progress continuously.
- High-care beds: This is a 28-bed facility divided into 6-beded separate rooms for male and female patients.
- Delux Cabins: There are 24 Delux Cabins specially designed with cheerful interior and high standard of décor. All rooms are equipped with computerized nurse call system, cable television, electric beds, bed head units etc
- 2 VIP suites: Tastefully decorated and enriched with facilities that our VIPs patients need to get going in everyday life.
- 24-hour outdoor/emergency consultancy services by consultant cardiologists
PRICES & PACKAGES
If you would like assistance in estimating the cost of treatment for cardiac services at Labaid Cardiac Hospital, please contact with the customer care people.
Labaid Cardiac Hospital also offers competitive priced all-inclusive packages for different surgical and non-surgical procedures. Consult your Labaid Cardiac Hospital physician to establish your eligibility for these packages.